Angel Post #5

The discussions we had about The Wonderful Wizard of Oz made me think back to my experiences with reading the book with my sister. I wanted to know about the experiences of my classmates: did they read the book to the child? Were they read the book as a child? I enjoyed the comments that ensued.

***

Reading Oz Aloud
PEACOCK, MELISSA
4/17/2011
Perhaps I have missed this (and I do indeed apologize if I have!), but have any of you had the experience of reading Oz aloud to a child or perhaps even having had Oz read to you as a child?
Last quarter I had an amazing experience reading Oz to my eleven year old sister. Not only did we enjoy the story, but we had an incredible bonding experience as sisters and readers. Since that time we have been able to discuss many books and have read a few other things. There was something magical and irreplaceable about sharing that experience with her.
Do you think you would see the book differently if you were sharing it with a child? When you read to yourself, do you think up voices for each of the characters?

***

RE: Reading Oz Aloud
ROBERTS, ABIGAIL
4/17/2011

I havent had this story read to me and I havent had a chance to read the story to any one either. The stories I hae gotten to read aloud to a child have made the story much more special to me. I love the Shel Silverstein books and I have gotten to read them out loud to my friends children and now I have started to really enjoy them again.

***

RE: Reading Oz Aloud
WADKINS, BILL
4/16/2011

Melissa, I am completely convinced I would have had a different experience had I read this story aloud to a child. I think I would have had a more enjoyable experience as well. There is something about reading to a child or younger person as an adult that just makes me more appreciative of the story and life in general.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP